Far Infrared Medical Facts, Research Data & Detoxification from Japan
Over the last 25 years, Japanese and Chinese researchers and clinicians have completed extensive research on far infrared medical treatments and report many amazing discoveries. In japan,
there is an ‘Infrared Society’ composed of medical doctors and physical therapists dedicated to further Infrared research. Their findings support the health benefits of infrared therapy as a method of healing.
1) Far infrared therapy increases blood circulation and oxygen supply to damaged tissues (aiding reduction of chronic joint and muscle pain or sport injuries), promotes relaxation and comfort, induces sleep and relieves stress.
2) German medical researchers concluded one session of infrared therapy for over 1 hour can have significant reduction of blood pressure thanks to a persistent peripheral vessels dilation. They also noted that blood velocity was improved after 1 hour of far infrared radiance, there is a significant decreases of blood pressure – cardiac ejection resistance – total peripheral resistance – and significant increase of heart rate, stroke volume, cardiac output, and ejection fraction
3) Acne – a far infrared lamp treatment appears to open pores that have been malfunctioning for years, focusing out clogging cosmetics, and loosening dry outer skin, healing acne and scars, without pain
4) Sunburn – according to the Claytons Electrotherapy, 9th edition, far infrared radiation is the only antidote to excessive ultraviolet radiation
5) Far infrared thermal therapy and electromagnetic fields
Recently there have been reports detailing the hazards of exposure to certain kinds of electromagnetic fields, such as those from high-tension power lines, cell phones, or from computer display terminals. Far infrared heating systems have been tested in japan and found free of toxic electromagnetic fields. The Swedish national institute of radiation protection has also concluded that infrared heaters are not dangerous. Instead, Japanese researchers have reported that far infrared radiant heat antidotes the negative effects of toxic electromagnetic sources.
6) CHI energy also known as Qi – the life force energy present within every living thing: The Qi that a Qigong master releases is called external Qi whereas the Qi that circulates within the body is called internal Qi. When a person is sick, the flow of Qi internally can be interrupted and various organs might malfunction. If proper information can be delivered inside the body via other media, or if new information can be generated within the body through exercise by patients themselves, the organs that are out of order will resume their proper function and the patients are thus cured. This is how acupuncture, electric treatment, magnetic therapy, and far infrared ray cure various illnesses and keep the body fit. – ‘The Scientific Basis and Therapeutic Benefits of Far Infrared Ray Therapy’, Dr. Kyuo.
7) The McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology reports medical practitioners make use of infrared radiant heat to treat sprains, strains, bursitis, peripheral vascular diseases, arthritis, & muscle pain.
8) Therapeutic Effects of Far Infrared Heat – Chapter 9 of Therapeutic Heat and Cold, Fourth Edition, Editors Justus F. Lehmann, M.D., Williams, and Wilkin. Infrared Heat Therapy does the following: . Affects soft tissue injury. Increases the extensibility of collagen tissue. Assists in resolution of inflammation, edema, and rids the body of metabolic waste. Decreases joint stiffness. Relieves muscle spasms. Increases blood flow. Leads to pain relief.
9) Potential Use of Far Infrared In Dental Clinics: Mr. Shu of Ninomiya Yuri Dental Clinic used far infrared ray in his dental clinic for some years. “I have successfully treated many common dental diseases, for instance, pyorrhea alveolaris, gum inflammation, tooth pain, and muscular spasm.” Mr. Shu indicated that the use of far infrared ray is undergoing research. Dr. Akira, Director of the Meitoku Association of Dentists and Dr. Waaataru of the Kawano Dental Hospital also use far infrared treatment on a regular basis for gum inflammation and post dental pain suppression. – ‘The Scientific Basis and Therapeutic Benefits of Far Infrared Ray Therapy’, Dr. Kyuo.
10) Artificial Body Parts: Far Infrared Ray Light Energy is absorbed into the body. Titanium rods, medal pins, pace makers, and many other foreign items that have been inserted into our bodies are not effected by far infrared ray do not increase in temperature inside the body any more than all of the cells of the body.
11) FIR and Healthy Arteries – When the normally smooth, firm lining of the arteries becomes thickened and roughened by deposits of fat, fibrin, calcium and cellular debris, it lessens the arteries ability to expand and contract, and slows the blood movement through narrowed channels. These conditions make it easier for blood clots to form, blocking the arteries and stopping blood flow completely. FIR is able to neutralize blood toxicity and smooth the walls of arteries, capillaries and veins.
12) Pneumonia: – A Lymphologist in Utah reported that within 15 minutes of a client being treated with Far Infrared Ray and lymphology therapy, their pneumonia was cleared. Infrared therapy in both Japan and China has proven to be outstanding for asthma, bronchitis, colds, flu, sinusitis and congestion as it clears inflammation, swelling and mucous clogged passages, as testified to in Dr. Kyuo’s book below.
13) Dr. Sasaki Kyuo, M.D. has done extensive research on the therapeutic uses of far infrared therapy. She is the author of “The Scientific Basis & Therapeutic Benefits of Far Infrared Ray Therapy’ – which presents clinical effects of far infrared therapy. Besides cancer, Dr. Kyuo reports continual successful treatments of many other diseases by use of FIR waves – treatments not only by her but also by many other doctors. The list of diseases – documented in her book – includes stress induced chronic diarrhea, abdominal distention, ulcerated large intestines, gastritis, facial numbness, hemorrhoids, shoulder, back, and knee pain, rheumatism, hypertension, diabetes, weight loss, breast and abdominal tumors, low blood pressure, asthma, anemia, burns and scalds, body odor, early onset of baldness, fracture of cervical vertebra, radiation exposure and related diseases. Far Infrared Therapy: * Improves micro circulation by exerting strong rotational and vibrational effects at molecular level. * Enhances the delivery of oxygen and nutrients in the blood cell to the body’s soft tissue areas. * Promotes regeneration and fast healing. * Increases metabolism between blood and tissue. * Enhances white blood cell function, thereby increasing immune response & the elimination of foreign pathogens and cellular waste products. * Removes accumulated toxins by improving lymph circulation which are often at the core of many health problems. * Stimulate the hypothalamus, which controls the production of neurochemicals involved in such biological processes as sleep, mood, pain sensations, and blood pressure.
14) A clinical trial in Japan reported a successful solution for seven out of seven cases of rheumatoid arthritis treated with whole-body far infrared therapy.
15) There have been numerous studies on the therapeutic effects of FIR products. One clinical study done by Dr. Gordon Ko and Dr. David Berbrayer at Sunnybrook and Women’s College Health Science Centers at the University of Toronto, published in the August 2002 issue of Alternative Medicine Review “Journal of Clinical Therapeutics”, showed that there are significant improvements in both subjective measures of pain and discomfort associated with Raynaud’s Syndrome. This is a compilation of so much documented research indicating the incredible benefits of Far Infrared Ray. We recommend you read the book Detoxify or Die, by Dr. Sherry Rogers, (2001) for additonal research on FIR.
16) In Japan, Hideyoshi Toyokawa and others researched the effects of FIR on wound healing. The results showed that FIR can improve wound healing significantly. The results can be read at Experimental Biology and Medicine online journal: – www.ebmonline.org
17) Far Infrared Healing with Photons “From first hand experience, I can tell you (FIR) is a miraculous tool that on the surface seems contradictory. It can help alleviate the sensation of numbness, but it can also bring back a sense of feeling in areas that have gone numb. It can remove overgrown scar tissue and it can stimulate tissue growth. It can remove excess pigment, but it also restores pigment in areas where needed. It can activate healing components within the immune system, but also decrease the body’s sometimes harmful inflammation response,” says an enthusiastic researcher.
18) “One of the fastest growing complaints in this country today, carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) responds to (FIR) as well. CTS is caused by motion and trauma to the median nerve passing through the wrist. Assembly line workers are particularly prone to the problem. The standard medical treatment for CTS is still surgery, which has a dismal success rate of less than 10%. Dr. Wayne Good, the plant physician at General Motors Flint Assembly, has treated close to 600 patients (with FIR) and achieved positive results in over 70% of patients. He is in the process of submitting his results for publication as further studies continue.”
19) “Photobiotherapy (FIR) will become one of the premier healing tools of our future. It will eliminate the need for many of today’s common surgical procedures. I can see the day when every household in the country will have a (FIR) unit on hand. When used properly, it is a safe, effective, natural tool that can enhance, rather than oppose, the body’s own innate healing powers.” – G.E. Poesnecker, N.D., D.C.
20) “Photobiotherapy (FIR) will become one of the premier healing tools of our future. It will eliminate the need for many of today’s common surgical procedures. I can see the day when every household in the country will have a (FIR) unit on hand. When used properly, it is a safe, effective, natural tool that can enhance, rather than oppose, the body’s own innate healing powers.” – G.E. Poesnecker, N.D., D.C.
21a) How fast are you aging? – Common problems associated with lifestyle and aging, such as hypertension and osteoporosis, headaches and digestive problems, are attributed by some scientists to be the result of excess acidity in our system. The American Medical Journal found that in patients with bone loss, alkalizing their system caused a decrease in bone loss. Their conclusion was that our typical American diet is acid producing. The acids deposited in our blood are often stored by the body in forms of cholesterol, fatty acid, uric acid, and other villains that cause havoc in our system. Sang Whang, the author of “Reverse Aging” claims that these excess acids can be eliminated with the use of far infrared products, along with consuming certain alkaline minerals and foods. The far infrared resonance heats up the internal temperature of the body, increasing circulation, thus enabling the blood to melt out the acidic toxins that have been deposited for years in one’s arteries.
21b) Studies suggest that far infrared light stimulates the production of cell tissue and rapidly promotes the regeneration of skin and blood tissue.
Far Infrared Detoxification
Toxic accumulation is a root cause behind most physical challenges, including the aging process and diseases such as cancer.
Far Infrared is thought to be 7 times more effective at detoxifying heavy metals such as mercury, aluminum, and even cholesterol’s, nicotine, alcohol, ammonia, sulfuric acid and other environmental toxins, as opposed to conventional heat or steam saunas.
The human body is a reservoir of all kinds of bio-toxins which cannot be expelled immediately and become stored in the body, thereby triggering illness. When toxic gases such as sulfur dioxide and carbon dioxide, or potentially fatal heavy metal toxins such as mercury, lead and chlorine, meet large water molecules, they are encapsulated by clusters of water and trapped in the body. Where these toxins are accumulated, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired. However, when a 7 to 11 (or 4 to 14) micron FIR wave is applied to these large water molecules, the water begins to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms which are holding together the molecules of water. As the water evaporates, the encapsulated gas and toxins can be released.
Toxic Cleansing With Far Infrared (FIR) Waves: “One of the reasons FIR has beneficial results in a variety of illnesses is the ability of FIR waves to remove toxins, which are often at the core of many health problems. Toxins that cannot be removed immediately after they enter the body are encapsulated by clusters of water. Blood circulation becomes blocked and the cellular energy impaired where these toxins accumulate. However, when a 10-micron FIR wave is applied to water molecules containing toxins, the water begins to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms that are holding together the molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released. One study done by American researchers showed that the sweat released by users of a FIR sauna was different that the sweat of people using a conventional sauna or doing normal exercise. The non water portion of sweat released in a FIR sauna was cholesterol, fat soluble toxins, toxic heavy metals, sulfuric acid, sodium, ammonia and uric acid.” – Dr. Kyuo, Japan. Toxic overload has been implicated in many health conditions, from fibrocystic breast disease (FBD) in women to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children. Symptoms of toxic overload include fatigue, headaches, joint or muscle pain, frequent colds and flu, signs of allergy and hormonal imbalance, chemical sensitivity, sinus congestion, psoriasis and other skin conditions, loss of dexterity, insomnia and more. Psychological symptoms include poor concentration, memory loss, mood changes, mental confusion and changes in behavior. – www.balancedlives.net A great overview on FIR history and its therapeutic value is available in an article: ‘Warming Up to FIR’ published in the Jan. 2001 issue of Alternative Medicine Magazine by Dr. D.J. Fletcher. Here is an extract: Detoxification from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome: Randy Gomm in Vancouver, became a distributor of FIR saunas after his life was turned around by detoxification. As a firefighter, his health had begun to deteriorate until he was no longer able to work. He was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and eventually it was realized that the root of his problem was toxic overload from occupational exposure. During the eight years he was ill, he says, he had a lot of time to research alternative modalities to regain his health. “I discovered that leading researchers in fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome stated that their patients had high toxic loads,” says Randy. “When their loads were reduced, their symptoms often improved dramatically. It worked for me. Detoxing really helped put me back on my feet.”
The following health challenges have been reported in Japan to be alleviated or reduced by the use of far infrared therapy:
Asthma, bronchitis (cleared up).
Rheumatoid arthritis (7 out of 10 cases resolved in one clinical trial). Benign prostatic hypertrophy (reduced).
Cancer pain (greatly relieved pain in later stages).
Cirrhosis of the liver (reversed).
Chrone’s Disease (gone).
Cold hand and feet (a physical therapist discovered 20-50% improvement was maintained). Cystitis (gone).
Duodenal ulcers (eliminated). Compression fracture pain. Gastritis (relieved).
High blood pressure (in the case of a diabetic a systolic decrease from 180 to 125 + concurrent weight loss).
Keloids (significantly softened and, in some cases, completely gone).
Leg ulcers (healed when previously static and resistant to other care). Menopause.
Pain preventing sleep or limiting sleeping positions (relieved). Post-surgical adhesions (reduced).
Radiation sickness (relieved signs and symptoms).
Sequel of strokes (Herniparesis relieved over time). JAPANESE RESEARCH – FAR INFRARED BENEFITS: Aging and Far Infrared
This is a compilation of so much documented research indicating the incredible benefits of far infrared ray we recommend you read the book Detoxify or Die by Dr. Sherry Rogers (2001) for additional research on FIR.